Caveat Emptor (Buyers Beware)
Be very careful when sending your gold off to an unknown buyer no matter how well-known their name is or how many TV or radio ads you've heard. Remember, the cost for all that expensive advertising is coming out of the price you get paid.
Reading each of the stories below will give you an excellent idea of what to look out for. DFW Gold Buyer (Don Meyer) has been in the business of buying precious metals, coins, collectible watches and high-end jewelry for over 35 years. DFW Gold buyer has a 100% complaint-free Better Business Bureau record. DFW Gold Buyer makes a practice of insuring the satisfaction of every seller. If you send your items to us, they are NEVER disposed of until we know you are happy with our offer. We have never had a return shipment "lost in the mail". Of course we have very few return shipments because we consistently pay significantly more than our competition. While some gold buyers attempt to buy your gold at ridiculously low prices, we encourage you to take your gold to one, or more, of our competitors and then let us bid on it - you will be very pleasantly surprised by the difference.
The reason we pay more is that our buyers are experts. We don't hire some inexperienced kid off the street and pay him to buy at the lowest possible price.
And, most importantly, we don't sell retail. What that means is that we are not trying to buy your items to stock our shelves. What we buy is sold or melted the day after we agree on the price. In that way, we can afford to operate on very low margins and still make a profit. Think about it and you'll realize it's true. Everyone knows that retail jewelry stores generally operate on, at least, a 200% mark-up - what they sell to you for $300 they buy for $100. That means that if they think your item will sell for $300 in their store, they want to buy it for something less than $100. Pawn shops and jewelry stores are in the retail business - they make their money by reselling items to the public and if they want to sell cheaply to the public, they have to buy cheaply from you.
If you come into our office to sell gold, our buyer will classify it by carat weight, weigh it, show you that day's gold price and make you an offer on the spot - you'll see that the margin we operate on is very low. Doing business that way eliminates any doubt in your mind about getting the best price for your items. And you won't see them on the shelf a couple days later at 3 times the price you were paid.
The day this article was written, gold touched $1070 per troy ounce. One of our competitors has a web site with a calculator to show what they will pay. Today, they would pay you $581.86 per troy ounce - about half what it would melt for. Check it out - American Gold and Silver Exchange is a subsidiary of Dallas Gold and Silver Exchange (DGSE).
- Other Articles:
- Read these articles before you decide where and how to sell your unwanted Gold and Silver.
- • Cash4Gold Hit With Racketeering And Fraud Class Action Lawsuit
- • Cash4Gold Drops Consumerist From Lawsuit
- • Cash4Gold Threatened Jail If Negative Comments Weren't Removed
- • Cash4Gold Defendant Liberis Files To Vacate Default
- • Cash4Gold Activates Magical Press Release Machine
- • The Article Cash4Gold Doesn't Want You To Read
- • Cash4Gold Counters Critics With Super Polite Blog Posts
- • Florida AG Examining Cash4Gold Complaints
- • 10 Confessions Of A Cash4Gold Employee
- • Cash4Gold Offers Blogger $3,000 To Remove Negative Post
- • How To Avoid Getting Ripped Off By Cash4Gold
- • Cashing in gold? Here's the catch
CLICK HERE to see what recent customers of DFWGoldBuyer.com are saying…
- Fast Cash
- Call Today, or just come on by - we're here Monday - Friday from 10am to 5pm and Saturday by appointment. If you can't come in person, call us to tell about what you have and we'll reimburse you for the cost of shipping whether we can make a deal with you or not.
• From the west, drive east on LBJ and exit Preston Road. Vintage Timepieces Worldwide is on the southeast corner of Preston and LBJ in the North Dallas Bank Building, Suite 715.
• From the east, drive west on LBJ and exit Preston Road. Turn left and cross the overpass, Vintage Timepieces Worldwide is on the southeast corner of Preston and LBJ in the North Dallas Bank Building, Suite 715.
• From the north, take North Dallas Tollway, Preston Road or North Central Expressway. On southbound Preston Road at LBJ, cross the overpass and Vintage Timepieces Worldwide is on the southeast corner of Preston and LBJ in the North Dallas Bank Building, Suite 715. Taking North Dallas Tollway, drive south and exit LBJ east. Exit Preston Road, and Vintage Timepieces Worldwide is on the southeast corner of Preston and LBJ in the North Dallas Bank Building, Suite 715. Taking North Central Expressway South, exit LBJ west. Exit Preston Road and turn left over the overpass.
• From the south, take North Dallas Tollway, Oak Lawn Avenue or North Central Expressway. On North Dallas Tollway, exit Harvest Hill and turn right. Take a left on Preston Road and Vintage Timepieces Worldwide is on the southeast corner of Preston and LBJ in the North Dallas Bank Building, Suite 715. If you take Oak Lawn, it will turn into Preston Road. Go north, and Vintage Timepieces Worldwide is on the southeast corner of Preston and LBJ in the North Dallas Bank Building, Suite 715. If you are taking North Central Expressway, go north and exit LBJ west. Exit Preston Road and turn left over the overpass.